Audio Renderer error is a long-standing issue affecting YouTube’s streaming video platform. So, this article will consider the guide on how to fix an Audio Renderer Error.
Audio Renderer Error – why does it occur?
Today, every Internet user is familiar with the YouTube service. This is a multi-million dollar platform where people can watch interesting videos and share their best practices with the whole world. YouTube developers have managed to create a convenient and easy-to-use video hosting and video player. But sometimes users are faced with a problem when the video on YouTube does not play. And more often than not, this is not a problem on YouTube, but on the visitor’s local computer. Quite often many users face the problem that instead of the requested video there is an “Audio Renderer Error”.
You may encounter the error message “Audio renderer error. Restart your computer” while watching streaming content also in a browser. However, the source of the problem with this particular error is usually not your browser, but your audio drivers. Many users come across this issue after installing, updating, or changing the audio device.
There are the following reasons:
- Internet connection. Like any other online resource, YouTube requires a stable and fast internet connection.
- If everything is fine with the Internet, the second on the list of suspects is the browser – Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Edge. All modern browsers have functionality for watching videos on most Internet resources.
- Graphics driver. Another reason why YouTube videos may not work is a problem with the video card driver. Sometimes drivers crash after updating the operating system, running viruses, or damaging system files. To fix the problem, you need to update or reinstall the video adapter driver
How to solve it?
There is a script of actions that are recommended in such a situation:
- Restart your PC
The most mundane advice may be the most effective, and the video playback error will be corrected.
- Update the driver for your PC components to resolve the error
It is important to have the latest drivers on your system. In particular, you can download drivers for your video card from the card manufacturer’s website.
- Clear the web browser cache and cookies
In each of the browsers, this operation is performed differently. In particular, in Mozilla you need to go to “Settings”, then select the tab “Language and translation support”. Next to the “History” option, select “Show cookies” – “Delete all”. In the “cache web content” option, select “Clear now.”